Wednesday, July 27, 2011

5 Food Substitutions to Prevent Obesity

One of the most, if not the most important aspects of losing weight is what you put in your mouth. This is one of the only things you have 100% control over. It is what will make you or break you, literally. These 5 foods are some of the most commonly eaten foods out there, so hopefully I can offer a helping hand.


1. Turkey burgers: Turkey is the leanest meat of them all, so it is also one of the best substitutions you can make. Trade in a turkey patty for your standard hamburger patty and save nearly 50 calories and 5 grams of fat.

2. Whole wheat bread: This one is almost always a no brainer, but is commonly overlooked due to sheer laziness, or a lack of attention. White, refined bread flour turns into sugar as soon as it enters the body. Spare yourself the sugar, and pack in some fiber instead.

3. Dark chocolate: Although dark chocolate does not appeal to everyone's taste buds, it is a simple swap that cuts out tons of refined sugar and fat, and it tastes great!

4. Ketchup: Believe it or not, ketchup is nearly pure, refined sugar. Slap on some old school tomatoes instead, and save your body up to 10 grams of sugar.

5. Soft Drinks: Soft drinks are a huge issue here in America. With many restaurants offering drinks packed with sugar and high fructose corn syrup, obesity is hard to avoid. A large drink at many fast food chains will throw nearly 100 grams of sugar into your daily consumption, which turns into fat.

7 comments:

  1. Ur diet plan changed my life. Thx sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in search of a blog which could help me in my health issues and I think so that I have found that.Thanks
    Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo! out standing article you have wrote.I like this so much.Thanks for publishing this.Burnaby dentist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well! this is a nice blog about body fitness.I like this so much and i will share this.Cincinnati Dentist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this out class informal blog.I like this so much.I will share it.fvdentalcare.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope so that, as reading health blogs is mine hobby ,I have never seen such kind of blog in my entire life.You are awesome dude!
    Orange County Implant Dentist

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wandering on my server in search of health blogs.After seeing this,I will say that thanks for ending my search.
    Vero Beach Dentist

    ReplyDelete